If you use File Gallery on your own site in a ‘unique’ way, please send me a link via e-mail. When I collect a few interesting links, I’ll create a ‘Showcase sub-page’ with those links.
Please use the official WordPress.org forums to submit bugs or feature requests from now on! Thank you :)
“File Gallery” is now available for download from the WordPress Plugin Repository
This is what I was working on for my bachelor’s degree – a WordPress plugin which extends the default [ gallery ] shortcode behavior.
Please take a look at the help file for more features, screenshots and explanations.
Some of the features are:
- multiple galleries per post with custom attachment order
- a flexible templating system (PHP, CSS, JS) – choose a different template for each gallery, even within the same post (4 templates included with plugin)
- simple, easy to use UI with drag and drop sorting shows attachment thumbnails beneath text editor: everything attachments-related is on the same screen you’re editing your post on
- settings page extends the default media settings page
- attach copies of items from media library to current post (copies data only, not the file)
- copy all attachments from another post
- unattach (detach) items from current post
- media tags – tag your attachments and then use those tags to choose which attachments you want to display in your gallery or to filter your media library items
- different background colors for items in media library depending on their status – completely unattached (white), attached to other posts (red), or attached to current post (yellow)
- compatible with “WPML”, “WordPress Mobile Edition” and “Media Tags” plugins
- basic caching of gallery output and frequent queries (transients)
- see the help file for complete list of features
Thanks in advance :)
A (too long, boring, pretty old, and *gasp* unedited) video demonstration: